Curious about red wine but not sure where your flavor profile will land you? This chart depicts red wine varietals solely based on their flavor intensity. (Mild to Bold)
and while we’re on the subject here are some interesting facts about red wine (typically speaking)….
– the bolder the red; the higher the alcohol content
– bolder reds do best after time spent in a decanter
– red wines that appear darker in color are more bold in flavor
– red grapes grown in cooler temperatures are lighter in body
– the smells and flavors of red wine grow in intensity with the ripeness of the grape